Sometimes we get so caught up in the rigors of daily life that we forget to appreciate the simple blessings that life offers. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so let me use this opportunity to give thanks to the small blessings that I have received:
- My Parents: For supporting and providing for me throughout my adolescence years, now I have the opportunity to give back.
- The many meals they provided
- The wisdom they’ve imparted
- The sacrifices (financial & emotional) they’ve made
- My Girlfriend: She came at an opportune time when I thought all hope was lost in finding an ideal partner. She’s loving, compassionate and supportive. If that in itself is not a blessing, I don’t know what is.
- The big hug I got from her this morning. I could feel the love flowing through her into me
- The muffin we shared because we we’re running late for church
- My Job: Though it’s not ideal, it affords me the opportunity to handle my responsibilities. A lot of persons are home sending out hundreds of resumes in hopes that they can get even a mediocre job so that they can take care of their expenses.
Each day is truly a blessing and to realize that, we must focus more on the positives. I know it’s easy to focus on the negative things that are happening in our lives because they’re in our face, but for every bad thing that has happened to us, there are three or more good things that has happened or will happen. It’s just a matter of perspective really.
As you go throughout your day, I leave you with this quote:
The more elevated the soul, the broader the outlook.